StudShu, each pack contains 2 covers.
What is it?
StudShu is a protective cover for a studded horseshoe, allowing the hoof to stand level and balanced on hard surfaces – Horsebox – substantially reducing abnormal stress on the pedal bone, coffin joint and navicular area.
For the first time you can now fit studs before travelling, safely cover them with StudShu and travel to the Show. On arrival, simply remove the covers and you’re ready to go. Also between rounds/competitions, you can refit StudShu and return the horse to the box.
StudShu was invented and developed by a horse owner from Co Down, Northern Ireland, who has over thirty years experience as a breeder and producer of young horses for Show Jumping and Eventing. Attending shows on grass arenas, he identified a problem with the fitting of studs to horseshoes. He wasn’t trying to change this well tried and tested method of providing grip, but to make the process easier and safer for both horse and rider.
- It can be difficult to fit studs to the shoes of a young or excitable horse at a Show. The horse may not stand quietly while you go through the whole process involved with the fitting of eight studs.
- Potentially dangerous process
- Time consuming
- Between rounds/competitions, horses are returned to the box and left to stand for long periods with studs in, with the associated risk of injury to themselves and others, as well as possible damage to the vehicle.
- Fit the studs before travelling, when the horse is in its own stable and is calm and relaxed.
- Cover with StudShu
- Easily fitted and removed
- Hoof is level and balanced. No stress to joints and tendons
- StudShu offers protection from pointed studs
Care Of Product
Wipe clean and remove any debris before re-fitting.
After use, wash in cold water.
Note: Do not leave in direct sunlight